Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pistachio Crusted Salmon

Friends from out of town had seen some of the things I had been making and demanded that I make them delicious dinner. For this occasion I whipped out a recipe that I had been considering for a while... pistachio crusted salmon.

The recipe came from here and was truly all I could have hoped for. Easily fed 5 for dinner and the leftovers were quickly gobbled up the next day. I served some white wine to go with it and then we had four loko martinis for dessert.

Recipe:

2 lbs fresh (wild if you can get it) salmon
2 tbsp dijon or deli mustard
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup shelled pistachios, finely chopped
1/4 cup panko crumbs
2 tbsp chives, chopped
2 tbsp italian parsley, chopped
Pepper to taste

Turn the oven to 400 degrees.

In one bowl mix up the mustard, honey, and butter. In another mix the pistachios, panko, chives, and parsley.

Skin the salmon and cut into 4 pieces. Spread the honey mustard mix over the top and then coat with the pistachio herb mixture.

Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes.


And the less tasty looking picture of it from when the sunlight ran out...

No comments:

Post a Comment